Well pinterest has came to the rescue yet again. About a year ago Munchkin One got away from us and spilled Kool-Aid under her bed. The problem with that is many different things.
First problem was that we didn’t know that she had gotten a hold of the Kool-Aid – so that lead to the talk that mommy nor daddy was mad that she was drinking Kool-Aid we were mad because she hid that she spilled it in her room on tan carpet. Second problem is that I discovered it AFTER it had dried! Third problem was that I tried spending hours and many different cleaning supplies and was prepared to fess up that I couldn’t get the stain out. I let it sit there and dreaded going into the room that had kool-aid all over – I used the steam cleaner, all different types of carpet cleaners, all type of other cleaners, etc. I had gave up!
Well a good neighbor from back home showed me something that she found on pinterest. I came into it skeptical thinking that I was only going to make the stain worse. Then I started thinking of how much resolve and spot shot I used. Then decided that it just couldn’t get any worse so I took the plunge and tried what my neighbor had suggested and it worked! It got it out!
What you need:
- Dish soap – I used great value brand
- white/light colored towel
- container for water and dish soap
Well this is how I got the stain out and 1/2 way through I wished that I would have taken before, during and after pictures.
- Put dish soap and water on the stain – I brought a container with extra water and dish soap so I could dip the towel in it as I went.
- Take a white towel/light colored towel and put it over the stain. I started using it at the edges so that as I moved the towel I would not be working all over the dirty towel again.
- Now I placed the towel over the spot, took a hot iron and ran it over the towel, I kept it moving and then I noticed that it was starting to transfer the stain onto the towel. In this case it left my towel looking like someone was cleaning up a crime scene.
Now the only bummer part of this is that I have to steam clean the room yet again so that the rest of the room will match the area that I just cleaned!
- Check in a test area to make sure your carpet wont bleed color.
- make sure you are careful with the iron not to burn your carpet. Some carpets fibers will melt.
- don’t try to rush it.
- be prepared to want to clean other areas of your carpet after doing this!
Hope this helps someone else!